Follow me on Instagram

Monday 18 January 2016

New year, calmer me!

Hey everyone!

So, I appreciate I have left it far too long between posts, I've just had a very busy Christmas period and am now finally feeling like I can breath again! School was hectic with the nativity. We did 'A Midwife Crisis'. Look it up - it's great! Then there was the Christmas shopping for all of my family and friends and of course all of Pete's - the woes of a woman, ey? I'm not gonna lie - loved every minute as shopping is my favourite hobby hehe.

I had a great Christmas break with Harrison. We did all sorts from turning our house into a grotto to making yummy Christmas cookies. They're super easy to make and just like the Millie's Cookies ones. Let me know if you'd like the recipe. We got Christmas sprinkles from Aldi - nice and cheap and so easy  to use with a bit of icing. These are great to make all year round!
a reindeer chandelier. We don't work by halves!
 



 I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from my classroom for any teachers out there. We studied Mog's Christmas and completed lots of Christmas crafts. We made a Christmas tree out of smaller Christmas tress that the children decorated.






I got myself a book called Calm with a voucher I received for Christmas. The title drew me in as I have a very hectic lifestyle and wanted to feel less stressed. I have been dipping in and out of the book as well as starting to meditate every day and completing a journal. In the journal I have to write something that has made me feel calm, something I am grateful for and 3 highlights of the day. Sometimes I write what I feel are mundane things like watching a great film but I feel like writing this information down helps me to concentrate on the positive things in my life and let go of any negative feelings a lot quicker. I certainly feel calmer in myself and am learning to live for now. After all, yesterday is history and tomorrow - who knows?! We need to live like every day is our last!


Following on from the above, I want to do more writing this year as it's something I have a great passion for. Please let me know what you would like me to write about. I have lots of loves - teaching/shopping for anything/being a Mummy/craft bits/cooking. I also plan to record more vlogs which I will share on here as and when.
 
That's all from Alice's wonderland today!

X




No comments:

Post a Comment